Child Modifications Looking After Your Best Interests

Child Support and Custody Modification Attorneys in Omaha

Post-Judgment Modifications in Nebraska

Modifying a previous order can be done but it can also be challenging. This is because the laws of Nebraska require that certain standards be met before allowing modifications of previously ordered child support or child custody decrees and parenting plans. One example of this is that whichever party wants the modification, that person must be able to show the court that a material change in circumstance has occurred since the last order otherwise the modification may be denied.

Therefore it is crucial to have our Omaha child modification lawyers by your side. Rely on the Hathaway Law Group, P.C. L.L.O. to advocate your interest to the court and demonstrate that a modification is in the best interest of your child.

Circumstances That May Lead to Modified Custody or Parenting Plans

There are a few rules when it comes to modifications of previous court orders. Changes can only be made when there has been a material change in circumstances as related to the previous order or agreement. If the parties cannot agree it will be up to the court to determine whether the evidence you have is sufficient to warrant a modification. Modifications are generally brought to revise or update custody, parenting schedules, support, or decision making allocation.

Some examples of situations which may require a modification to your current order:

  • Significant changes to a parent’s work schedule, this may be involuntary or voluntary be the change may impede the parent’s availability to care for the child.
  • Changes in a child’s physical, mental, or emotional development, which may require an adjustment to the time a child spends with each parent.
  • A change in a parent’s income may not impact custody but it may warrant a recalculation of child support
  • If a parent wishes to relocate out of state. This may be due to work, family, or other interests but this would require the court to approve the move if it involves the child.

Filing for Custody or Support Modification in Nebraska

Commencing a modification is similar to when you began your initial case. Documents will need to prepared and filed in District Court. The opposing party will need to be served and then your case will need to be prepared and evidence and testimony prepared. The lawyers at Hathaway Law Group, P.C. L.L.O. can help you with this complex process.

Aggressive & Comprehensive Support

Modifying an initial decree or parenting plan can be challenging and nuanced, that is why our skilled child modification attorneys in Omaha are prepared to handle any potentially tense situation with calm negotiation and mediation. However, you can also count on the Hathaway Law Group, P.C. L.L.O. to represent you skillfully in court.

Our Promise to Our Clients

  • We will always work hard and diligently to advance your case and to help you receive a favorable outcome
  • We will always provide transparent and honest billing
  • We will always answer or return your phone calls and respond to your emails in a timely manner, if you call your attorney the attorney will call you back, not his support staff.

  • We will always take the time to explain your case and answer your questions.
  • We ensure you that you will always have access to your attorney
  • We will always tell you the truth, no matter the circumstance

Contact Us Today

We Are Here to Help You
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.